The original home on this property was destroyed by a fire leaving only a 16′ x 16′ single story room. This particular room happens to be the oldest home in Sturbridge. Originally built in the 1770′s it was home to a family of four. It was very important to the new owner that this structure, including foundation, was preserved. The construction of a new main house had to be married to the original structure and presented some challenges. The home has solid wood windows and doors, spruce siding, wide pine flooring and custom kitchen cabinets made from the floorboards salvaged from the fire damaged home.